A cookie is a small data file that is written to your computer’s hard drive by your web browser. A cookie file can contain and/or automatically collect information, such as a user identification code or IP address, that a website will use to track the pages and number of times you have visited. The data read from these cookies may be linked to personally identifying (PII) and non-personally identifying (non-PII) information.
- providing you tailored content and advertisements (see below for more information),
- enabling social media features,
- safeguarding against spam and malware,
- analyzing trends, traffic, and user behavior,
- administering the website,
- gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole,
- tracking web and advertising analytics throughout the Site and its affiliate websites,
- remembering your preferences and voluntarily-submitted information (e.g. custom video playlists, preferences, job title, story ratings, membership status),
- performing location-related functionalities and analytics,
- participating in market research (e.g., website ratings), and
- educating ourselves about how we can continue to improve the Site and its various elements.
Cookies fall into the subcategories below.
- Essential Cookies. Certain cookies are used for specific purposes that are essential to your secure use and navigation of the Site. Without them, GOC may not be able to provide core Site functions and features to you, and the Site would not operate as well as you or GOC would like. These cookies collect and use information such as your server preferences, single-session data and corresponding identifier, web beacons and log files (detailed below), and other credential-related information. For EU individuals, essential cookies also help inform GOC whether you require, or have already been served, an affirmative consent request in connection with the GDPR. Essential cookies include analytics cookies, which provide us data that allows GOC to better understand its users and improve the Site based on what we have learned from that data.
- Preference Cookies. Other cookies are used to collect and process information about your preferences and similar choices in connection with the Site in order to optimize your browsing experience (e.g., various local preference settings; which geographically-customized version of the Site and related content you may prefer ([e.g., onlinemarketplaces.com, Jobsportalwatch.com, Autoportalwatch.com, Globalonlinemarketplacessummit.com, Globalonlinemarketplaces.com]). Preference cookies include social media cookies, which collect information about your social media usage and other data you may have provided in connection with such usage (if you access the Site through a social media website or mobile application, you may have social media cookies). If you wish to modify or change your social media cookies, please visit and review the settings on your applicable social media account(s).
If you would like to manage your cookie preferences or learn more information about this practice and your right to decline (or opt-out of) cookies placed by some or all of these companies, please click here.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but generally allow users to modify their browser settings to display a warning before accepting a cookie, to accept cookies only from certain websites, and/or to refuse all cookies.